Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So Don't Tell Me What To Do...

I am a follower.

I admit it.

Sometimes it bothers me and sometimes I really could care less. But there are days when I am 'suggested' to do something, I really feel like it's not ideal or isn't in my best interest or perphaps, I actually do have an opinion and I would not only like to be heard but understood.

Yep, you guessed it, I was looking for a recipe.

I read it's particular ingredients, timing needs and careful stirring/mixing and pouring. Sometimes I just want an idea and make it up as I go along. So this is what I did! Feel free to do the same or just make it with your style! After all these years with trifles in my life...I never thought of this together. ...but I'm a chocolate and peanut butter girl!

Toblerone Trifle

Chocolate cake cut in cubes
1 instant chocolate pudding made with 2 cups milk
4 cups whipping cream with 2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup softened peanut butter
4 oz cream cheese softened
4-5 large Toblerone triangles, chopped

In a medium bowl, place 1/2 chocolate cake in a clear bowl.
Pour 1 cup chocolate pudding on chocolate cake.
Mix whipped cream, peanut butter, and cream cheese together and place half over the pudding.
Sprinkle Toblerone pieces over the pudding.
Repeat with cake, pudding, cream mixture and end with more Toblerone pieces.

Take a large spoon and just starting eating from that bowl! Okay...kidding!

Warning: not only does it contain peanuts but peanut butter and cream cheese have a way of making you feel full longer.

Pace yourself!

4 comments:

Josh and Jocelyn R. Plett said...

Hi Andrea, I just wanted to leave a comment on your blog telling you that i enjoy reading it! Since i just blogged a few days ago on how much i appreciate having comments written to tell me who is reading what i write and what they are thinking, i know i should practice more of what i'm preaching! :-) I appreciate reading your blog because it helps me to know what "normal" parenting is like in my home town. I am following your journey of adoption with interest and prayer. And, your recipes sound delicious! I'll definitely have to try this toblerone trifle, if i can find toblerones around here :-)

I'd be interested to know which new home church you guys have found and, what kind of new job does Kris have? (sorry if you wrote about that and i missed it, i did look! :-)

Jocelyn Reimer Plett (your second cousin through Kris :-) in Madagascar

candypb said...

I love Trifle! THe recipe sounds great.

christal said...

as always...yummy!!!

Breanne said...

This sounds so good!! Thanks.