Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Randomness...

I have been tagged by Sara (life in words) and Breanne (expectantly waiting) to write Six Random Things About Me. I don't think they realize how dull my life is! Let me think...


1.) I love baking, cooking, planning what to make (but I get very stressed out actually preparing food for people, though I know I am capable), looking at recipe books and going out and tasting a certain food, and going home to replicate it. Right now, I trying to make the dip for the Cactus Cuts from Boston Pizza...it is de-lish!!!


2.) I haven't weighed myself in almost a month. I used to weigh myself every morning and it really made or hurt my day. Instead, I've been wearing a pedometer each day trying to walk 10000 steps, eating healthier and allowing God to help me with this struggle...did i mention the peace He brings?


3.) I have a passion for mothers/women in my community. I have been involved with a committee in my church called Moms Morning Out for 5 years. I have met so many moms that I pray for, befriend and encourage in tangible ways. When I moved to my town, I felt so alone. Everyone had their own friends and it seemed like a very closed community. I made a decision that I never wanted anyone else to move here and feel unwelcomed. This is how my passion started, I truly feel blessed to be where I am...! I just love where I live.


4.) I have a weird antibody in my blood that only 1 in 10000 women can get after giving birth and only 1 in 100,000 that my hubby and I both have, that make the next child in the birth order to not survive life in my womb. I got this antibody after giving birth to my middle child, and I only found out when I was pregnant with our youngest that I had it. Our youngest is a miracle and I'm so thankful that God protected her lil body. She is healthy and growing strong! Praise the Lord!


5.) There is someone that I know that has decided to hate me. It absolutely crushes my spirit. I wish I could talk with this person and understand the sentiment...but no avail. I am choosing to pray for the person and the family. I have asked for forgiveness and I am ignored though I am unsure of the reason that has come to this. I have really struggled with if I should continue in ministry if this hatred exists...that this point, I am choosing to pray blessings on this person and ask God to forgive me and guide me to peaceful closure.


6.) I love styling and cutting hair. My kids never know when they'll get a new do, they are great guninea pigs. And I just love going to get my hair cut! Actually, this Tuesday coming up...and I can't wait!



I am choosing not to tag anyone else for this meme. If you would like to continue this, you are most welcome to complete it and sent it to your 6 friends!

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Dani Smith said...

hey girl,
thanks for your sweet comment! i wish you lived closer and we could actually hang out! :) i love how you responded to your feeling of loneliness by reaching out to other women. very cool.
the one who has decided to hate you is probably the most wounded one of all...i think it's remarkable how you are responding to her.

Roo said...

loved reading this. way to go on breaking the weigh in addiction!

JMBMOMMY said...

I relate so much to this scale addiction. I have been doing a study online that has been LIFE CHANGING for me. I have tried every diet. I have let this sin of overeating and yo-yo dieting almost destroy every ounce of self worth -- I have been controlled by it for soo long. I am rejoicing everyday as He reveals more and more to me.

Andrea said...

oh.....getting my hair done is just THE BEST thing ever!!

Larissa said...

I am so sorry that someone has decided to hate you. But like what was said before, they are probably hurting the worst, and having to spend so much effort to do that!
I encourage you for how you have responded, you are an amazing woman.
Can't wait to hang out later today!

Breanne said...

Thanks fro doing this - I remember when you threw out the scale. How great you stuck with that:) I hope that all works about that person - i know that can be hard.

Sara said...

Well, first of all... Your life is amazing!

Second of all, you know how to cut hair?! We REALLY need to visit then. It's always good to have a friend who's a stylist.

I completely understand how hurtful it can be when someone chooses to hate you.

The hardest thing to do is choosing NOT to forgive. Equally hard is forgiving. I'll be praying for you, hun.

andrea said...

i need to be very clear...i am not a stylist...i wish i was. it intrigues me and i love cutting hair. i am not trained...i just observe and imitate my hair stylist, and ask tons of questions...i wish i had a friend that cut hair too!