Thursday, July 17, 2008

Question for you...( and an edited recipe)!!!

Can eating a spinach salad after homemade chocolate chip cookie dough cancel out the extra calories?



I just gotta ask...



On that note, here's an easy recipe with chocolate chip cookie dough. Gotta laugh, as my recipe book opened right to this page!!!
(note: i added another recipe variation below this one)



*take 2 cups of your fav chocolate chip cookie dough (after you've tasted it to make sure it'll do, of course....lol!!!).



*place 2/3 of the dough on a 8" greased pan.

*beat 1 pkg cream cheese( i add 2 pkgs) with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 egg.

*spread cream cheese mixture over the dough.

*crumble remaining dough over top. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes or a bit more( until the filling isn't too soft)

*cool as cream cheese tastes gross warm...but de-lish cold!!!

call me crazy, I just possibly created yet another yummy dessert...well, maybe it exists, but I did this without following a recipe!
I just changed up the chocolate chip recipe noted above...

I just made brownies.
put 2/3 of the dough in a 9X13 greased pan.
Put on the above cream cheese filling all over and
then marbled it with the remaining brownie batter.
baked for 25minutes at 350*.
Cooled and frosted with chocolate icing...
I'll let you know how it tastes after our staff bbq tomorrow!


Yep, it's tasty!

9 comments:

Larissa said...

YUMMY!!!! After hearing you talk about it yesterday I wanted to ask you for the recipe... thanks- I cannot WAIT to try it!!
Oh, and I think I'll have a spinach salad before, because that ABSOLUTELY makes up for pigging out on cookie dough and the like afterwards!! :)

Sara said...

Sounds great!

It reminds me of my "moment" last night where I busted out the tub of already-made cookie dough. All I needed was a spoon.. no baking needed! HA! :)

BTW, a good girls night out? Um... let's make it tomorrow! LOL

Louise said...

That is too funny, just before I sat down at my computer I enjoyed a few spoons of chocolate chip cookie dough...MY FAVE...yum!!
That recipe sounds delish...thanks for sharing ;) and YES salad cancels out the dough...lol!!
Have a great night!

candypb said...

My mouth is watering... Sounds great.
And I support you with the spinich salad. What ever makes you happy, right?

Breanne said...

Oh yum. I do not know if it is a good think that I know this recipe!!

Jodi Penner said...

SO GOOD! but i wish i would have read your post before making it. after talking to you about it wednesday i went to the store to get cream cheese and made the filling (2 packs!) and waited till mid morning thursday to make the cookie dough. my only problem was i didn't know to refridgerate first! i had some and it was pretty good but runny so i figured out for myself that i should maybe throw it in the fridge and a couple hours later...YUM-O!
spinach salad...OF COURSE! my baking cancels out itself...eggs are protein, brown sugar is better then white....

christal said...

umm...both of those recipes sound RIDICULOUSLY good! i'm going to have to try them out. thanks for posting them!!

Roo said...

ohhhhhhhh
wow. that looks amazing. i need to buy some cream cheese (i have been fully addicted since i got pregnant with eliora)

Larissa said...

Okay... the addition on there?! My goodness. That looks amazingly delicious. I am going to have to try that sometime. I don't think anything could possibly get any better than that. For real.