Friday, September 16, 2011

Smelling the roses...

I love journals.
I love being able to articulate my thoughts into words and praying about them.
It feels so good to reflect on the past and write my dreams for the future.
I love being able to re-read the desires of my heart and mark down how God has answered my requests, concerns and situations I've been facing. Some issues were momentarily answered and others years later.
God is good.
All the time.
I may be curious and impatient to understand the outcome of my requests and I may never understand how God decides how to answer the desires of my heart. Thankfully, He chooses to listen and desires for me to cling to Him and know that He is always in control. No matter the answer He decides.
So I sat down the other day when I was going through a pensive time and started writing how God has been answering prayers and helping me throughout my day.
One typical 'mom' kind of day.
And before I stopped my pen, I had written pages of blessings in my day and answers to things I have prayed about.
God is near.
I sat there humbled.
Amazed at my reality.
God is with me.
Us.
He really is.
I am loved.
We are loved.
He is love.

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

This is so true. I am off to journal my blessings now. Thank you.

Kathy said...

I love prayer journals because it really makes us stop and realize how God has answered prayers. Amazing to be reminded of his goodness to us.

Andrea said...

Beautiful! xoxo