I have spent so little time lately blogging. I have found summer with schoolage kiddos busier. That and having to share my computer time with them, has lessened my time on the pc. I am not complaining. But I have so much going on in my head. I think I've been writing more personal reflections in my prayer journals. I have really missed the writing posts.
I have been working through the book study Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst...and am positivitely and greatly encouraged as I strive to be a blessing to others by my Creator. I desire material and relational things...and I have realized that I've been filling a void, bottomless pit rather than going deeper with my Savior.
I have experienced a friendship loss this year. Losing someone in your life that you have trusted and shared your life with, been vulnerable, spent much time together...has been so painful. I cannot express how devastating it has been for me. Adjusting to no calls, no drop ins, no tea times and especially never been told the reason. But I do know that God loves me and desires me to come to Him. It may never be repaired. And as I have been asking God to help me, walk alongside His daughter....He has done exactly that.
I have felt this summer was filled with much negative self-talk. The feeling of hopelessness, loss, not feeling good enough definitely was like salt on an open wound. I have prayed daily for God to take these feelings away...and He has. Some days sooner than others. God has been speaking to me through this experience. I have discovered that I have been so blessed to have had this time to share with someone who I felt treasured me. Who gave me a reason to think out of the box, pray for every day stuff and be aware of the beauty in this world and how the people in it are truly amazing. And that is truly a blessing to see life in a different perspective....that is a precious gift that I cannot thank her enough for showing me another side of Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment