Thursday, September 22, 2011

savouring the special times

I was cleaning out my flower beds with my lil helper. With a big yard, means a big clean up. Kiddo went inside to blow her nose. As I quickly finished up before lunch, I realized kiddo wasn't coming back outside. I entered the house and heard weeping. I picked her up to comfort her and tried to hear her words through her tears. She held her photo album towards me and cried "no pictures of me!!!" My heart broke for her. She wanted to see her baby pictures. So I washed my hands, gave her lunch and we spent all afternoon admiring the adorable baby she was. Where have the past 4 years gone?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

The years fly by, don't they?

We spent some time looking at baby pictures of the kids too. They just love seeing how much they have changed. And yet, still have the same lil' smile, same twinkle in their eyes....