Sunday, February 19, 2012

I would "I do" again...

12 years ago this week, I was in the midst of my 3rd round of antibiotics for pneumonia whilst trying desperately to have the energy to put finishing touches of our wedding.
Though, I would plan things differently for our wedding day, I would marry him again!
We have been through so many obstacles, challenges, memories and infinite joys in our twelve years. I have learnt how to be a better communicator, think beyond myself and be less selfish (tho I do admit I am a slow learner...).
I was reflecting on my life since the precious "I do". I am so proud of the man God has given me to share my life with. He truly knew the man I needed to be the woman I was created to be. I am so truly thankful. God knew that the man I married would be a special person who could love me despite being me. He is gracious, kind, fun loving and has a huge heart for his family. He has the ability to make he children feel so special and safe. Just so precious seeing him love his family.
Not to mention, my heart still skips a beat when he calls me just to see how my day is or catches my eye from across the room. I love that. I love seeing him in his element whether it's at his office or doing something he enjoys. Having so many people value his opinion and his advice, makes me have so much respect for him.
I feel so blessed that God answered my prayer 13 1/2 years ago and that I was brave enough to agree to a date with this friend of a friend.
One of the best decisions I have ever made...and I'm sticking to him!
***photo by photographic impressions***

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy anniversary!! And beautiful picture of a beautiful couple :)

Kathy said...

Have a great anniversary! Blessings and more blessings to you both.

Andrea said...

I remember that time very clearly, 12 years ago! This is a very touching post..the love you have for him is very evident.

Kimmie said...

Happy anniversary...LOVE THIS SHOT!

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

JMBMOMMY said...

Beautiful! Trying to catch up with you via your blog--miss knowing about you.