Sunday, May 10, 2009

Breakfast in bed

"So here I am at 6 o'clock in the morning " is the song playing through my head...I've gotta get up to exercise before my family awakes. Just a few more minutes I tell myself and then I have to get up.

Crash!

I am hearing noises coming from my kitchen. I can hear Kris sleeping. There is a whole lot of activity and I can tell my kiddos are excited to bless me with breakfast this morning. I debate getting up to see if they need any help but instead I drift back to sleep only wake up again to hear disappointment as the breakfast falls in transport to my room. I have no idea what the surprise is.

"mommy...we made you breakfast!"

I turn on the light to see my two kiddos smiling so proudly at me. How incredibly thoughtful! The only breakfasts in bed I have ever been served were hospital stays with my babies.





What an absolute blessing it was to awake to this special breakfast. To someone else, it was a crust and milk. To me, it was the tastiest and yummiest bread I have ever tasted and ice cold milk that was the perfect compliment to wash down the hearty goodness...LOVE!!!


There was a pig face freshly painted just for me and candies wrapped in tissue paper to match the handwritten poem.


It may have been presented to me when I was sleepy but never has breakfast been so delicious and milk that quenched my thirst!


5 comments:

Kathy said...

How absolutely thoughtful! Sounds like you experienced a Mother's Day of blessings!

My Journey as a Mom to 3 Young Boys said...

That is SO Awesome. Breakfast in bed is even more special when it's made with love by your kids!

Sandi Mutch said...

Oooooh, your kids are so sweet and obviously love you very much to want to please you like that.

Louise said...

That is SUPER sweet!
You are blessed!!!!

Larissa said...

so sweet!