Monday, March 2, 2009

So happy I'm not doing it alone

I am a mother. I am blessed to have 5 children under my wing. When I feel I don't think I can handle this responsibility, I can get overwhelmed. But I have faith that God will help me. Since Lent has started, I have made bigger strides to be more intentional as a parent with these children's physical, emotional and spiritual needs.

After my quiet time this morning, my kids were in the kitchen eating breakfast. I turned on a Veggie Tales' Praise and Worship CD. There is a song I heard my son sing in his clear and innocent voice " I could sing of Your Love forever..." It was from his heart. Real. This 6 year old sang these words and I was brought to tears. Yes, he has a pure voice that sang a beautiful song to His Creator but I just sat there thinking, he doesn't have the stress, garbage and mistakes like I have, yet he believes this concept. My prayer is that my son can sing this song for the rest of his life. And understand this amazing Love.

I have this opportunity to teach and raise these kids the awesomeness of God. That is my desire. I want to teach these kids about this Unfailing Love. That is my job. My prayer is that that they will learn by my example, with how I live, my passion for others and asking God for help in ALL I do..."I can do everything through him who gives me strength" (Phil 4:13)

As a parent, there are so many unknowns and many things out of my control. I am so thankful to have my God help me, and carry me as I desire to do my best with Him as my guide."I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears." (Psalms 34:4)




3 comments:

Debbie said...

What a great post and testament to your mothering! Just found your blog.

candypb said...

So great to hear that your not trying to walk this road alone. Your children are obviously seeing the resaults and following their mommy's foot steps. What a blessing!

Kathy said...

God is good and His love endures forever. Forever. That's awesome.