Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Another dangerous recipe!

I came across this amazing little treat last year at a new friend's Christmas party. I never got her recipe but after reading through the Chocolate Everything Cookbook by Company's Coming and salivating over it for the hundredth time, I discovered what appeared to be the treat I was looking for.
A Christmas treat that is so delicious...it's DANGEROUS!!!!
Chocolate Crunch
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup rice Krispies
Mix peanut butter and syrup together.
Add rice cereal and mix until all combined.
Shape small pieces into a 2" log makes about 20-25.
Place on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Chill for 1/2 hour.
In another small bowl, melt milk chocolate in microwave. Stirring every 30 seconds or so.
I used 1/2 milk chocolate chips and 15 small areo bars from the kids' Hallowe'en bags.
Dip each log into the chocolate and place back onto the pan so chocolate can harden.
You can be certain...I will be making these again...in the very near future!!! I hope these ones make it to the freezer!


6 comments:

Bekka said...

This looks amazing, but I think I would prefer to substitute honey for corn syrup.

I have a recipe for making rice krispie squares with peanut butter and honey instead of marshmallows - I wonder if that will work.

Thanks for sharing!

Kimmie said...

wow, those look professional! Thanks for sharing your found recipe!!

christal said...

Well, you know how I feel about chocolatey desserts! :) Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

Okay, you need to STOP sharing such dangerous recipes with me. I'm drooling over here!!

Jody said...

WOW - those look good! I will be adding those to my Christmas baking this year!

Roo said...

yummo! i am SO making these...THIS WEEK. xo