Friday, April 9, 2010

I've been bitten by the negativity bug...

...and it's so frustrating!
I have so many things to be thankful for but I am realizing that my tone, attitude and words are so negative.
I have been making a HUGE effort to change my thought process and asking God to give me grace as I try to love of others, my family and attempt joy in the thick of craziness and periods of pain and frustration.
So here's a new leaf, I'm gonna turn.
I want to choose to be more positive in my reactions, how I do my job and bless others in my life. After several occasions witnessing poor behavior by others (that could have been me in the same situation), I am completely unimpressed, depressed and annoyed by their choices. It also has taught me that what I say and how I conduct myself, can really make others unimpressed with me and teach my kiddos that this behavior is acceptable and always justified!
I could tell you all my pain like a country song but I choose to sing of all my joys, blessings and love shown to me by those around me and my Savior.
I want to be intentional in how I live. That doing so, will bless others rather than ruin their and my days in the process!
So here's to celebrating the joy in my life and start affecting others with the 'pass-it-on positivity' bug.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the bite! I need to be more positive and focus on the joys instead of the annoyances.

christal said...

i raise my glass with you! :)

Tammy said...

I thihnk we all would benefit from making an effort to be more positive. Thanks for the nudge.

My Journey as a Mom to 3 Young Boys said...

I too have been bitten and need to realize that I have a great life. I am exactly where I want to be in my life!

Louise said...

I so agree..that bug is nasty and I am guilty of it myself!!
I will take part with you and be thankful for the many blessings and enjoy life!! :)

Roo said...

oh...i had a moment or 2 like this this past week....love you andrea!
would love to connect again soon.

ps am thinking about you as you and your family transition. xo