Monday, August 10, 2009

My Cup Runs Over...

Since my last post about forgiveness, I have been rejoicing because my cloud of bitterness and unsolved issues were removed and I can breathe...without gasping for air.

I smile and mean it.

I accept the changes in my life and know there is a reason behind them.

When everything screams 'please don't be fake with me', I am choosing to extend love and desiring to pray instead of understanding the situation.

I feel God has blessed me in ways I never expected when He freed me from this pain. From deep friendships to amazing neighbours to instrumental people walking into my life for just a minute, giving me a reason to think, pray and also to bless me.

I am also enjoying time on my own as my kiddos are on 'mini holidays'. I have had the opportunity to finish each thought I've had and have been able to pray without distractions. I have had the chance to push my limits on my physical and spiritual treadmill and cross off a big project off my to-do list. And I have taken time to sit and be still.

How is your summer going? Have you taken time to stop a smell a rose or even perhaps pick one for a friend? Have you taken the time to tell someone you love them for just being them? Have you extended forgiveness to someone who has hurt you? I would love to hear how God is working in your life.

2 comments:

Sara said...

It always great to stop and meditate on how God is blessing you everyday. I know, for me, it's been this chaotic overspill of life just seeping all over the place.

I was so glad to read your question towards the end, "Have you extended forgiveness to someone who has hurt you?"

B/C I went through a really hard "break up" with friends (all of them) since we moved. Some hurt me and some hurt me unintentionally that I severed all my ties with anyone that was remotely involved in my life when I lived in TN.

Forgiveness. Always forgive as Jesus forgives us.

Thanks for the reminder.

Larissa said...

how great you are having some time by yourself! it is always so nice to have that introspective time, I think....
I hope you continue to enjoy your time and do projects and relax and whatever else!! :)