It was 9 years ago today that I said "I do!"
I heard those words but never understood their meaning like I understand them today! I never doubted that this was the relationship God wanted for me. It was like we both knew early on that this was 'it'.
About 12 years ago, a friend and I sat at the restaurant talking girl talk, laughter, love and life...of course, with some type of app and dessert. As we talked, this friend looked over to another table, and pointed me in the direction of a young couple.
"Do you see that guy?"
"Yeah"
"You are going to marry him."
Laughter spills from my mouth. I thought he was great looking...but how in the world would he ever notice me? He seemed quite smitten with another girl.
Two and a half years later, I asked God if there was somebody for me that He had in mind. I had just come out of a two year promise to God to remain single in my early 20's and grow in my faith walk. I was feeling a little emotional and cried myself to sleep one night. As I lay in my bed teary-eyed and weary, I heard a phone ring and then drifted off to sleep.
I awoke at an unearthly hour to catch my bus to get to work. On the message board on my fridge was a note. "Andrea- Kris called for you"
I had 3 roommates (one of whose name was Andrea as well) and we were always joking around but this note intrigued me enough to write on it before I left the apartment.
I wrote "which Andrea?" and ran out the door, thinking it was truly ironic that I just prayed about a guy in my life the night before...but it was the other Andrea that had the abundant social life..so I wasn't sure what to think.
When I got home later that day, On the fridge said, "it was for you, Andrea. He said he'd call back later."
My guy friend's cousin was a Kris...I heard of him but we had never talked.
He called back and the rest was history...
After nine months of dating, 6 months of an engagement, we were married. I really wanted to get married in winter for fear of it raining on my wedding day if it were in summer. Well, on February 26th, 2000...in the middle of winter, it rained all. day.long.
My Kris...you are my rock, and my soft place to fall.
My heart still skips a beat when I see you across the room!
I love you!
Happy Anniversary!
12 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! What a beautiful story. So true that we truly do not realize the value and full meaning of those words I DO when we get married! Have a wonderful day celebrating.
Didn't want to stalk and not leave a message. How wonderful to re-visit that first moments with hubby. I found you from "His Grace Is Enough" I mention this because when others stop by to comment on my blog, I keep thinking "how did they find me?" Also, I was intrigued by the title of your blog. Have a blessed day! :)
Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your story! I love hearing stories of how couples meet.
Happy anniversary! Was Kris the guy at the table that your friend teased you about??
yes! the guy at the table was Kris. I have described the place and girl to him,and he can't seem to place either! kinda funny!
Happy Anniversary! It's great to look back and see all of the amazing things that happen. Here's to many more wonderful years!
Oh what a beautiful story! I remember snippets of it but how nice to read the story of how you met. I hope you had a wonderful evening and my prayers are for many more fantastic years together.
Wow! Nine years of marriage; what a wonderful milestone. It seems like yesterday you were getting dressed to walk down the ailse, just yesterday, we were standing on the headtable, posing, while your mother in law watched in horror....ah, memories!
Blessings to you both on your anniversary and the coming year! Love you guys so much.
wow!! that is soooo neat! happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary you guys!
Congratulations on 9 years! I loved reading the story of how you met. Kris sounds like a wonderful guy and so neat how God orchestrated everything for ya'll to be together.
BTW...we share something really special in common with one another! My hubby and I were married on February 26th, too --only 31 years ago!
Happy Anniversary and blessings to both of you!
Emilie
You're exactly right! My son's birthday is January 24th! How cool is that?
Post a Comment