This past year has flown by so quickly. I'm stunned at how fast 365 days just passes by. Shocking really. Though my life is the same in many ways, life has had so many turns too. Amazing really!
Not only did I turn one year older, I have also experienced gravity in unbecoming ways and discovered another crease on my face. But looking beyond myself, so much has changed in my life. Going to a different church, finalizing our international adoption process (and Lord willing, we may get a call by the end of '09), Kris has gone through 6 months of rough job stresses and now he is adjusting to his new title and responsibilities which has its own stresses. Our son started school all day which has been a hard transition for him...almost to the point of debating homeschooling him. Our close family members moved across the ocean and to the furthest place on the map from our home.
Though there have been stresses and some difficult times that we have relied on God's hand to push us forward, I am so happy that we are where we are. The unknowns from the past years are now knowns. The teachable moments are experiences learnt. Hearing and saying "i love you" never gets boring, hugs and kisses are so welcomed and treasured moment by moment. Little hands that help and can reach a lil bit higher on the shelf, and sometimes without a stool. The sounds of Kris' keys in the door after a day of work still sounds like a symphony to my ears. Quiet children in a room only to enter and witness them sharing toys and reading stories peacefully. Sitting down to have 3 eager precious ones to cuddle onto my lap.
I have learnt, prayed, cried, laughed and experienced joy, love and peace that only comes from Him this year. As my life changes this next year, I feel so blessed and in awe of His goodness.
I'm following His lead!
Here are some of my favorite pictures from this Christmas:
Reading stories before heading out for a family gathering
Tasting Great Grandma's Famous Eggnog. MMM...yummy with ice cream! Oh Delish!
Watching a new movie while we get Christmas dinner prepped at Kris' parents!
9 comments:
What a wonderful reflection on this past year. It's exciting to see growth in the past and anticipate beautiful things to come. And loved the Christmas pictures, especially of all the kids!
Great Pics!! And many blessings in the new year!!
Such Sweet pictures! Gravity got a hold of me this year too! :)
I love this post. I completely agree with the sound of my husband coming in the door at night. Deliverance!
Your photos are wonderful and it looks like you had a great holiday. Here's to another year of parenting/marriage let's do the best we can!
What an awesome post. I've just been blog hopping and so glad I came across yours. I wish you many new blessings in the New Year!
Sounds like your year has given you many blessings after you made it through the rough times. I wish you all the best for 2009.
I totally agree that this year has just flown by! In fact, they all seem to now. And don't even get me started on the effects gravity has had on me! lol
Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. They really mean so much to me and thank you for taking the time to leave them. Glad you like the Banana Bread. That's one of my favorites, too!
I love the pictures you shared from Christmas. God has clearly blessed you in 2008 and I hope that you have a blessed and prosperous new year.
It's amazing just how much stuff happens in one year...one small part of our life here on earth.
You have sure gone through your share of trials -- but also many moments of blessing.
You are a blessing to ME, my friend. Sorry it didn't work out to get together last night. I could've used it, as things sort of fell apart for me last night...
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you, my dear sweet friend.
aww! happy new year friend.
Post a Comment