There it stood in all its glory. Decorated beautifully and probably with professional help. Lights shone from within making the home glow in the darkness of winter. It was magnificent in stature. Much too big in my mind for two occupants. Luxury cars of all types line the driveway. Walking up to the door, the wreathe is inviting and welcoming. I walk in.
The perfect house.
The tour was just starting and I follow. Every room has a story and an inspiration. I get lost when I take my eyes of the group. I climb up the open stairway to the three beautifully furnished bedrooms...that sit empty. To the right, I see a very large "never used bathroom". As the group continues the tour, I stop and choose to rather go downstairs...I don't feel comfort walking into the Master Suite of someone I hardly know. I am in awe of the space, wealth and decor. As I step down, the chandelier catches my eye...I have heard of those 'big' light fixtures...but never of this dimension, something perhaps in a grand hotel. There is nothing this house lacks. In the eyes of the owner, this is the perfect house. I do agree that it has all they'll ever need and want...for the rest of their lives.
I am not envious. Nor jealous. In fact, jealousy doesn't cross my mind. Though it is the perfect house to our hosts, the owners work very hard to maintain its look. Updating, caring and cleaning just to name a few. For, not only do they have to deal with dust bunnies in the numerous corners, they also have two big dogs.
I guess this perfect house made me think of my house I want Christ to live in. I desire to have Christ live in me. I desire to be like Him in all I do. But in order to do that, the home I have for Him needs updating and cleaning. Removing bitterness, resentment, loving those that seem unlovable, asking for forgiveness when I fail...often and not let my own pride allow to me to justify my actions. God wants to live in me, and I need Him in my life. As I search, discover and clean house for Him, my desire is that God will work in me. And the insecurities I have and the burdens I carry will dissolve as He carries my heavy load. This life I will mess up much more than I could ever want to, but knowing I have God on my side, helping, loving and supporting me...for because of Him in my life, I am near my Perfect(or).
6 comments:
OH! amazing post my friend. love you.
I agree, that was wonderful.It gave me a wonderful peace... Thank you. LA
We have this treasure in earthen vessels...Oh that we would keep our vessel clean in order to be useful in the Master's hand. Great post!
Great post. I was reading this morning and across this verse. James 1:26 NIV "If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless." Your post is just another reminder to me that I am to keep myself in check so that I will be the temple God wants me to be. More than words and actions the real deal. It was pretty convicting to me.
YES!! me too!! That was so great!
I'm right there with ya! I want to be a perfect house too. Thanks for the great post, it's an eye opener!
Post a Comment