Sunday, April 6, 2008

I am Inspired

So I am inspired... Springtime has a way of changing my perspective with the world around me. I see things differently, I suppose. Maybe it's the extended sunlight hours or maybe the weather is warming up (ever so slightly...but we know warmth is coming) Or maybe it's because I realize that I'm living in a haze...of dust!!! Where does dust come from? How come one day, you just wake up, start cleaning and actually see the state you've been living in? When does something valuable turn to junk right before your very eyes!

I help with a moms morning out group in my town (which i absolutely love, by the way). A few weeks ago, we had a special guest come and talk about organizing our homes. So I started reading the book she recommended (Organizing for Life by Sandra Felton) and voila...I'm a changed woman!!! I do like order very much, love details and peace in my home. I just seems like I've been struggling to get to a place that my house feels like my home. Balancing housework, my three kids all in very different stages(6,3 and one year as of this weekend), exercise, and my commitments, I think I have been letting this house get away on me.

So I started cleaning up. One shelf and one closet at a time. Last week, I tossed 6 garbage bags to my curb(and recycling). But that was just the start... I went through my kids clothes, I gave away 5 bins to a friend who has children younger than mine. My linen closet now has shelving room as I donated 3 garbage bags of towels and linens to charity and the toy room has more space to play having 3 bags of toys 'disappear' without anyone noticing. Whew!!! Then I thought I was done organizing for this week, and I get a phone call saying my Tupperware has come in...and I was able to clean my cupboards and set up my new storage system.


I suppose I could go on and on about my new progress. But it's not the cleaning or telling about what I've done, I just love this new lease on life. I love not only feeling more peace in my home but knowing that all this 'extra stuff' in my home, can be a huge blessing to others. And my desire of giving away my extras, just increases and I want to give more of what I can and more of me to help those in material ways and with my hands. Like the phrase says"Live simply so others can simply live." That's my motivation. I definitely have a huge way to go. I pray that my heart will be where I need to be and focus on others through my housecleaning adventure.

Blessings,

andrea

No comments: