Friday, December 30, 2011

What if...

I have had lots on my mind lately. Reflecting the past and wondering how the next few weeks, months and years will play out. I am so thankful for my faith and God's amazing ability to give peace despite the storms of life.
Lately I've been pondering how I would react in the certain situations I see those I love faced with.
Putting myself in their shoes, I've asked:
what if:
* I couldn't have any children and that was the passion of my heart
* I was diagnosed with an illness that would shake up my life and family
* I was told "I don't love you anymore"
* my health was failing and though bed rest is the only option, loneliness sets in
* the security in my job has shifted and work no longer needs me
* God closes a door and the dream/wait is over and now unsure what tomorrow will bring
* a car accident means my love one will never walk or talk again.
and this one breaks my heart completely,
* the doctor told me that this would be my last Christmas
These are true hurts of the loved ones in my life. Storms will always be a part of our lives. Thankfully, God is with us and is walking with us each step of our journey!
Somehow that makes the 'what if' feel less scary.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Unknowns are utterly scary. But I trust in Him that made me and cares for me than I could ever know. I just wished I would trust sooner and save myself all the heartache of worry....