Friday, July 8, 2011

An adjustment

In my comings and goings meeting with people through out my day, in my conversations that I have and in my thought process, I am noticing so much negativity. Actually, it's not me that has noticed it. Kris commented that to me recently. I have always tried to be positive but when stress hits and life feels somewhat daunting, I tend to become complain-y, frustrating and negative. When I was told of my joy-zapper personality, I did a double-take. Wow, was he ever right! It's been weighing me down and changing my perspective in my day. It's been clouding my view and ruining my reality...thus ruining other's days that intersect with mine.
So it's time for a reality check. And an attitude adjustment.
This is my challenge for the next 30 days. My goal is to focus on the good that I have in my life. When things are bothering me, I am going to make the choice of find a positive in whatever comes my way. I have been trying lately, but I seem to fall back to what feels comfortable... and that tends to mean reverting back to negative behavior. I suppose writing this down, keeps me accountable. So hold me to it or even better, join me in this journey!
I am also going to attempt to jot down my "1000 gifts" to help me realize how amazing God has been to me in my life. I can't wait to start this list!!!
I have so much to be thankful for. Here's an amazing quote I read today:

"Attitude to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstance, than failure, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home.
The remarkable thing is that we have the choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the past...we cannot change the fact that people act a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude
. I am convinced that life in 10 % what happens to me and 90% how I react to it" ~ Charles Swindoll

Blessings,
Andrea

No comments: