Friday, March 23, 2012

God is good...all the time!!!

I haven't posted anything for almost a month. It's not that I'm bored and have nothing to write about. Quite the opposite, actually. I have too much on my mind and I'm not sure how to articulate my thoughts into words. That and not sure if the world really needs to know those thoughts!
I needn't share the gruelling deets of the journey I've been on but I can tell you what I have discovered in spite of this process:
1. Counselling isn't a bad word...I am so happy to have experienced the freedom to go and discover more about me, the situation that paralyzed me and seeing things with a fresh pair of eyes.
2. I have never written so much in my life. My thoughts, my concerns, my prayers were all accounted for. For someone who often talks before she thinks, this was not only healing but growth in maturity.
3. Praying for God's will in my life. Prayer truly changes the perspective that we have. Praying softened my heart and allowed me to see God through a different glass. When I couldn't take another breath and I felt encompassed by so much pain, prayer changed this emotional girl's heart. I know that God was walking step by step, hand in hand and carrying me over the sharp rigid rocks.
4. Fasting. Something I have read about. Typically, for weight loss and not spiritual purposes(don't get me started on that pet peeve) but I discovered God in a new way. Not only did I feel loved, special but heard, and not forgotten. This journey has brought me to a deeper relationship than I have ever had in my faith before. When praying is like breathing in your life, I realized how gracious and safe I felt in His arms despite the roller coaster that was happening around me.
5. God uses us in our weakness. In our weakness, He speaks into us and sends others to our life, to reach out and touch, give hope...if we are willing to give up our pride and humbly allow God to use us where we are. He isn't looking for perfection. God is perfect. But he is looking for us to rely and trust Him in all things and be a beacon in our world despite the circumstance we are faced with.
6. Bad days relying on God mean God sends people into your life, unknowingly to give you the support and miracle you've been praying for...I have countless stories that I can share of God's goodness.
7. Sometimes the ones closest to you don't get it but God puts people in your path that fill your need at that very moment.
8.Forgiveness +Acceptance +Support + Love + Encouragement+ Friends = HOPE

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It's amazing the things that we learn in the valley. We'd certainly not head there, but sometimes we are brought there to be closer to Him.

Oh, my heart swells to read this post!

p.s the word verification was sassi....

Andrea said...

Beautifully written my dear friend.

xoxo

Thankful you have felt God's nearness when you needed it most!

Atelier LifeArt said...

Nice that you want to share your story on your blog, so you can inspire and encourage others with it! I read with a translator, hopefully I understood everything;) I do not know where you're going through, but I hope you're with HIM through.
I hope you can find on my blog something you should encourage. Hopefully you can translate it well, because English is easier for me than Dutch for you;)