11 years later and I can't help but smile.

(picture was from last year 80's party... not our style 13 years ago)
God answered my prayers 13 years ago when He placed Kris in my life. It hasn't been all roses. We reflected yesterday about our married bliss. Kris and I are similar in our personalities except for the fact, he is driven, decisive, out-going...and I'm not. Okay, maybe we are nothing alike. But it's worked...this marriage thing. He has worked up the corporate ladder until he changed directions and desired to do something completely different, being a business owner and the majority of my time has been caring for our kiddos. Two apartments, two homes purchased later, numerous job changes (driven) and 10 years of Kris in school while working full-time, 3 kiddos born into our family and now working toward our upcoming adoption. It has been very memorable. Not easy but any stretch of the imagination but our willingness to help each other and communicate has been vital in the health of our relationship.
I was asked recently how our marriage works so well for us. I'd have to being there to cheer each other on and knowing we greatly respect what the other person does to make our relationship work. It's definitely not about what I want but how can I make his day a little bit better everyday and taking each opportunity I have to encourage him at what he does.
It has been an honour and a huge blessing to celebrate another year of togetherness! And if he would ask, I'd marry him again!
3 comments:
You two make a great pair. Such an example of a godly marriage that through thick and thin, you are celebrating 11 years of marriage. Your children are blessed to have you as parents.
And if you'd do it again (like say renew your vows), can I be your wedding coordinator? or can I be the wedding singer? tee hee!
You two are such an inspiration!
this is what i needed to read today... my hubby is driven, just like yours and it often drives me nuts! congrats, you two!
Post a Comment