Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This is where I am...

I have been feeling so blessed having the opportunity to be a mom to my kids. I realize that this is not an easy task but I am really feeling like this is where God has called me. I love being able to wake up in the morning knowing that this is my job. I love having the opportunity to help in the community, encouraging and supporting other moms in the same stage as me.
Being a mom, is not a glamourous job. Wiping noses, bums and spills are constant. Some days, I wonder I why shower first thing in the morning because I'm just so sweaty moments after kiddos are up. There are breaks throughout the day..except that I never know when they are until the break is over. But there is no place I'd rather be than right here.
I was doing laundry the other day and decided to change some pictures around in my house. I thought this picture suited where I was in life right now...literally...(and Flylady encouraged me to put up a family picture in my laundry room).
So if you are looking for me, this is where I am...

4 comments:

Kathy said...

It's a good reminder that what we do as Moms is the most important job. It's certainly not glamourous, but building men and women for God, to bring hope and life in the world, priceless. It's just that you back up 20 years and it looks like cleaning up sticky popsicle vomit off the floor.

christal said...

great idea! you have such a pretty laundry room. :)

Josh and Jocelyn R. Plett said...

ok, i know this isnt the point of your blog, but i'm salivating over your laundry room: GAH! look at those swanky matching washer AND DRYER!! egad! One day i aspire to spend time in a room like that too. LOL.

Roo said...

beautiful. you are building little arrows...small is big in the Kingdom of God. xo bless you...xo