Has this summer gone by so quickly or what? It's been a blast going on adventures near and far...though a definite a highlight was playing at America's largest waterpark...minus the sunburn, of course.
I bought a cute bathing suit to start the summer in a smaller way. Well, that or else my older one was too stretched out. But considering I'm into positive thinking, well, I'll say shrinking...
The first part of the summer started with a ton of family time with our siblings who are living across the world...which really means a ton of food in reality. So as we said goodbye to our sweet loved ones that we really adore, we also said goodbye to horrible habits that crept into our lives..well, Kris and I anyways.
So we created a workout program which included being accountable to each other with our health choices...it has worked so well, I have to share it and of course the results.
We created a point system for each of the following:
1 point = 30 minutes cardio
1 point = a weight workout
1 point = no snacking or only having fruit as a snack
I have loved working out with a goal, a partner who is just as determined and just feeling stronger and healthier. There have been days where I have had 1 point and some days that were higher than 4 points. But the reality is this is a system that has really worked for Kris and I. Of course, he has surpassed me the weight loss and points but I have said goodbye to over 3 kg in just 6 weeks.
My BMI is still considered overweight so I do have a ways to go. Moving more and eating less does really work. More importantly, less weight strain on my varicose leg vein means less pain! That I'm noticing already...so I'll celebrate!
I'm getting the point!
What works for you?
3 comments:
Good for you Andrea! I remember when Carl had to cut back on sugars and I tried my best to do it too with him. He told me at the end (even though I failed so many times) he couldn't have done it without me. Helping each other along is what marriage is all about.
Great job, Andrea! It helps so much to have an accountability partner when it comes to sticking to a program. I certainly benefited from it when I had one! It's great that you are doing this with Kris.
I totally love this system you've got going on for you. And it really helps having someone doing it together with you. You two rock!!
Post a Comment