Am I doing what I'm supposed to be doing with my life?
Am I taking the time to listen to God's soft whispers before the door closes in front of me?
Am I spending my moments to inspire, encourage and bless others or busily going throughout MY day?
Am I saying thank you enough to others who pour endless amounts of time in ways that touch my family's life?
Am I celebrating with not only friends and do I lift up acquaintances that have pain too?
Am I looking out for just me?
Am I playing with my kids enough?
Does my hubby know how much I appreciate the work he does at work and at home?
Do my kids know that I'm so super proud of them, tears come as I type this?
Do others, that are touched by my life in some way, know the reason I do what I do?
Do they know that my love comes from HIM and pours out of me or are they turned off by my behavior/words/life example?
Am I living my life to my kids so they have no doubt my love, my passion and my desire to serve others because of my faith?
How am I spending the money, time and talents God has given me?
...and this list could go on indefinitely.
I'm not trying to be hard on myself, but I am really desiring to live the life God as given me, to the best of my abilities through Him.
Am I self-absorb? Probably...okay, yes.
Could I grow in my faith? Love those around me deeper? Insist on not becoming stagnant? Absolutely.
3 comments:
Asking ourselves these tough questions are exactly how we grow in our faith, how we clarify our priorities, how we purposefully work on certain areas - good for you!
Never stop asking, always keep wondering and being open to what God has for you. As soon as we get comfortable and stop wondering with sincere desire, that's when we become stagnant. Thanks for the reminder for all of us!
That's a lot on your mind! Praying for peace...
Post a Comment