Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Where to go from here?

After this crazy journey I've been on, life is slowly settling down. I'm learning how to breathe and ultimately treasure the blessings in my life. That being said though, I feel lost.
I am experiencing life differently these days and with that, I feel like I don't belong. I am not sure if here is where I need to be. I am numb. Emotion-less. Retreating. Removing myself from mistrust and pain.
I have discovered that I can only control me. I cannot and will not make someone do something they cannot or will not do. I have had the ability to lean on God for friendship, wisdom and some days strength to help me breathe.
As I am feeling stronger now, I feel like I want to move on. I believe that God uses us, meeting us where we are at. I also know that He takes our junk or garbage or pain or devastation, and makes something beautiful from it. God can and will use us where we are at. He also puts tough stuff in our life, so we have the ability to reach out to others in similar pain, and find support and healing.
Now though, I am curious if God has somewhere else in mind for me. Maybe it's a different location. perhaps different people. or job.
I have often wondered if I was in another setting or place, how I would thrive or exist. Maybe there is somewhere else for me to be, to love and to befriend. Until I get deeper answers, I will ask God for His direction, and know that no matter where I am, He is able to use me. Whatever that may be.
Blessings!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

love hearing that God is stirring in you. if He wants you to go somewhere or do something differently - He will guide you.

Kathy said...

Sometimes during these times of wondering is when we are most in tune with what God wants for us. Because when everything is hunky dory...well, I know how well I listen.

It was such a blessing to be with you today. May God continue to use your amazing gifts to bring glory to Him wherever that may be. Will be praying for discernment.

Roo said...

ive wondered/wrestled through this question too. it's painful....and beautiful because it leaves me no choice but to lean into JEsus. love you. xo